It is ok if you’re not sure where to start. Our website consultations will help guide you through the process to an amazing website. We have outlined some phases to help keep you organized on your journey to a website.
Phase I: Planning
There are several things that Warrior Design Co. will discuss with you during your initial consultation but it is important that you think about what you want to accomplish.
Things To Do:
Please be prepared with your information prior to your consultation with Warrior Design Co. (see Things To Consider below).
Write notes while you brainstorm, including questions you may have
Make an outline of your needs, followed by writing all the details
Organize folders in which you add and keep information and materials for your
1. a physical folder with photos, brochures, company logo, written materials
2. a directory folder on your computer with text for your Website, digitized photos, images, logos, and other pertinent information
3. Look at as many Web sites, logos and commercials possible to get some ideas. See what your competition has going and brainstorm some things that you can do differently as well as some things you may want to emulate. Make note of the following:
1. Web sites/Branding that you like or don’t like and why
2. If you’re looking to get a website, pay attention to web sites that have elements that you like such as colors, navigation, overall layout, the type of content and how it’s presented
Things to Consider:
Purpose of Website
Text and who will write or provide the text, if not already available. Some very basic contents might be:
who you are
what you do
how to contact you
list of services or products
Photographs or other images (to enhance or illustrate the text)
Updating of text and other content to keep site fresh and content current
If you haven’t already done so, write or gather your content and other materials as needed for your Web site. Your Web site design is based on its content, not vice versa.
Ways to bring in new visitors, repeat visitors
Internet Service Provider
Domain name and registration
If you wish to sell products or services online:
Secure server for processing transactions
Merchant account through your bank (or alternatives like PayPal)
Online purchases by credit card, alternative purchases by fax, postal mail
Shopping cart software, if needed (usually recommended for over 10-20 products or so)
Set up a system that integrates easily with new or existing accounting software
Search engine registration, optimization. (Your Web site with Warrior Design Co. is designed to be search engine friendly, but content optimization is critical, and it’s also important to register your site and follow-up with search engines and directories.)
Phase II: Building
Contract Agreement and Deposit:
After we’ve received your deposit, (which serves as a contract agreement see universal terms) and required materials (content, logo, photos, other items as noted above), the design and development begins on the date agreed to in our contract (i.e., the date deposit was received).
A preview page will be available for review at each step of the design creation and development process, with regular communications throughout (usually by email, but sometimes by phone).
When the site layout is completed, we get your final confirmation and we then upload your new site to your server (or send you the site by zip file).
Phase III: Making Your Presence Known
- Web site registration with several major search engines.
- Add Web site and email address to all correspondence, advertising and marketing material.
- Consider sending announcements or commencing other advertising of your new, redesigned or improved Web site.
Phase IV: Web Site Maintenance and Updating
- Keep your Web site content fresh and alive.
- Provide reasons for new visitors to view, stay engaged and to return to your site.
- Add new information and update existing information regularly
Check search engine rankings and tweak pages and/or meta tags, if needed.
- Continue to promote your Website regularly.